112 High Street,
Tel: 01675 430162
The market town of Coleshill is an historic coaching town in the western part of North Warwickshire lying close to the outer edge of Birmingham. Known for its attractive high street with a higher than average proportion of independent retailers, this town offers a wide variety of products and services.
There is a large selection of pubs and restaurants as well as local facilities such as banks, post office and library and railway station. Some excellent hotels and coaching inns provide a high standard of accommodation and there are lots of places of local interest including the stocks, the old market hall, the church and local walks.
With North Warwickshire Borough Council’s decision to sell Coleshill’s free car park for the development of a supermarket, two enterprising local businesswomen formed a consortium of local businesses in 2011 to try to ensure the future of Coleshill’s independent traders and to promote Coleshill and its surrounding area.
From a first Christmas market held in the Town Hall, Love Coleshill has grown and grown. It now has 70 members from High Street shops to schools, from Coleshill’s Churches Together group to hotels and restaurants.
Love Coleshill has been successful in obtaining funding to arrange events each year and plans to hold regular monthly markets in 2014 in the Old Market Hall on Church Hill, assisting Coleshill Civic Society in preserving this ancient building for the benefit of the whole community. Plans are also in place to create a Tourist Information Centre in the Market Hall.
Love Coleshill works with other local groups and charities both to promote what they do and also to arrange joint events.
Love Coleshill’s aims and objectives have expanded as we have grown and can now be stated as:
- To promote what Love Coleshill and the Coleshill area have to offer to residents, visitors and businesses
- To nurture & promote community spirit within Coleshill and its surrounding areas
- To organise fund raising & promotional events throughout the year
- To assist in marketing members’ independent retail outlets, services & other businesses in the area
- To encourage other local businesses to join the Love Coleshill campaign & to become members
- To maintain the Love Coleshill website and other internet-based marketing tools
- To keep the High Street alive
New members are welcome from any Coleshill or local area organisation and we also welcome volunteers to assist in planning and carrying out events.
Membership costs just £10 each month and a membership form can be found on the consortium page of our website.